At N.W.M.A., students will meet Massage Therapy Criteria based on 610 hours and choose one elective course. The program encompasses 610 clock hours (43 quarter credit hours), and it
can be completed in 26 weeks.
The program focuses heavily on Western and Eastern Massage Theory, expanding upon traditional and ancient foreign principles. Introducing basic knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology,
Pathology, the program quickly takes students through intensive training applications that are effectively used in chiropractic and physical therapy offices, fitness centers, spas, salons, cruise
ships and resorts, not to mention successful private practice.
The following is a breakdown of all required courses*
- Anatomy & Physiology I *
- Anatomy & Physiology II *
- Swedish Massage *Medical Massage *
- Deep Tissue Massage *Pre-Natal Massage *
- Hydrotherapy *Seated Massage *
- Traditional Eastern Medicine *Elective Choice *
- Practicum (hands-on) I *Practicum (hands-on) II *
- Clinic *
*Note: Program contents, length and hours are subject to change without notice.